Saturday, January 26, 2008

Changes after Stem Cells???

Well I am not sure if this is because of the Stem cells or not but I did want to share a change.
First we have all been sick this week with a very nasty cold. My husband and I started first then my 6 year old started with it about 3 days later Then Jonathan started about 12 hours after his little brother. My husband had a high (102-104) fever during the first few days of the virus my youngest also did. Jonathan hasn't run a fever since he was 3 1/2 not even when he had pneumonia but he is running a fever. His has been between 101-103.5 so I am not sure what to make of this. This is the kid who is never sick or only has a virus for a couple of days with hardly any symptoms and now he is responding to illness like the rest of us.

The other odd thing with this is that he has not had one seizure while sick with this. On the occasions when he would catch something he would always have seizures at the onset of the illness. When he was little and did get fevers and react to illness normally that was the only time he had seizures. So I am wondering if the stem cells have normalized his immune system? I guess we will have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this info. How's Jonathan doing now? Any more updates? Any improvements or negatives?